Monday, January 10, 2011

A day without sun

The sun did not shine on Sunday.

I woke up and it was cloudy and gray. You could see the snow clouds all around. Within a few hours, it began to snow.

Most people don't expect the sun to always be out, but I do. 

When we moved to Colorado Springs, there were references that the city boasts 300 days of sunshine. I've found that to be true. Since my arrival in July, I have seen the sun every day that I have been in town. No joke. Up until yesterday (Jan. 9), I saw the sun even on the days it snowed. 

During Christmas, we traveled to Iowa. There was snow on the ground and it snowed on Christmas Eve. It was overcast and gray during the entire trip. I don't recall seeing the sun a single day.

I'm not a snow person. As a Georgia native, I can't say I love it. I'm not a beach person either, but I sure enjoy having the sun as a constant companion. I appreciated the sun in South Texas too. 

This morning, it was a treat to see snow on the Front Range and on Pike's Peak. It has been warm this winter — warmer than normal temperatures. While I'm grateful for this, it has left Pike's Peak a little barren. 

I enjoyed waking up to the sun this morning. It is beautiful outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is enabled. This blog is now maintained at
stacysjensen.com.