Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thankful Thursday: @NathanBransford

Nathan Bransford continues to be a valuable resource for writers. The literary agent turned author dishes out helpful advice via his blog, Tweets and website.

I receive his blog posts by email. Last week despite a very long day, I couldn't stop reading his blog on Virtual Witch Hunts. He wrote about a self-published author's response to a review. Many of us wrote about this situation, because it was a good reminder of what not to do.

Bransford took a different angle on the subject. He focused on the "virtual mob" that took to Amazon and trashed the author's book. I loved his last line — "Let's not kid ourselves that a lesson was taught, other than to remind us, yet again, that the Internet is a terrifying place to make a mistake."

Bransford's website also has a list of Publishing Essentials such as How to Write a Novel or How to Write a Synopsis.

If you don't follow him on Twitter @NathanBransford, on his blog or his website www.nathanbransford.com, you are missing something. He has a fresh perspective on the writing business.

His middle grade novel Jacob Wonderbar and the Cosmic Space Kapow is available in May. I've pre-ordered a copy for my niece (and my sister, who works in a school library). I anticipate the book will be entertaining.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! I'm behind on my social media and am just hearing about this for the first time here. Kinda makes me want to learn how to think twice before I tweet or post -- not usually my forte. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is enabled. This blog is now maintained at
stacysjensen.com.