Monday, June 27, 2011

Fun travel companions: A duck, a chicken and a gnome oh my

I traveled to London with a duck in 2003.
Ducky flying on the London Eye.

 My niece Rosa, who was about 2 at the time, helped me enjoy the duck adventures.
We played with her huge duck collection.
When I traveled to Africa in 2006, I took a Perdue Chicken (shout out to Rockingham, NC).
Rosa is around 4 here.

That chicken traveled to South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Kenya and Tanzania.
Here he's on a boat cruise on the Zambezi River during a visit to Victoria Falls.
So, when my niece prepared for a trip to Lithuania and London. I gave her a traveling gnome.
Rosa is now 9.
I've been delighted by the photos. I can't tell who is having more fun with the gnome:  Rosa or her mom and dad.

I think it adds a bit of creativity to travel.


Have you ever taken a small traveling companion on vacation? If so, did it change the way you photographed your trip?

6 comments:

  1. haha yep, I took a small toy horse with me on holidays. He turns up in the strangest places in pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda, Now that I a toddler, I think he turns up in the strangest places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic idea! I've never done it, but I'll have to give it a try!

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! It's great for children to have a small traveling companion, and obviously fun for adults too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that idea. I wish I'd taken my dancing chicken on my travels because he would have been an excellent addition to my photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patricia, I'm sure there will be room for the dancing chickens on your next adventure.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is enabled. This blog is now maintained at
stacysjensen.com.