Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thankful Thursday: @PassiveVoiceBlg

Blogs, books, authors, etc. all instruct us to be active.

Skip passive constructions in your writing, but don't miss out on The Passive Voice blog.

Not sure who Passive Guy is, but I love his blog. Not sure how I found him (really, I can't remember the rabbit holes I fall into roaming the Internet), but am grateful I did.

On his "About" section, Passive Guy addresses the anonymous aspect of his blog:
As he hopes everyone can see, this is not an attack blog.  While he has opinions on (too) many things, he tries to include well-reasoned arguments on all sides of major issues in the writing/publishing/indie world.
I subscribe to his blog and receive a daily digest of his posts. Whether it's the day's hot topic or a hidden nugget, Passive Guy always offers useful information from his perspective to move the conversation along.

His background includes an "attorney" label, but be clear his blog "is not legal advice." He has a good-sized disclaimer on this point and even suggests searching for the word "disclaimer" on his site. Then:
Everything that comes up as a result of your search is incorporated in this disclaimer by reference.
This makes me believe he is an attorney.

If you haven't checked out his site www.thepassivevoice.com, please do. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the links, the discussion and the topics — contracts, eBook, self publishing, characters, etc. All the big topics for the published and unpublished writer.

He's also on Twitter as @PassiveVoiceBlg with a variety of links.

You'll find he uses "snarky" on his about page. When I use that word, people's eyes gloss over like "did she make that up?" I didn't. The Passive Guy uses it too.

5 comments:

  1. Stacy - Thanks so much for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip Stacy - I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for writing Passive Guy.
    Lots of useful info there Maeve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Stacy. Love it when I get a tip on a good blog.

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie I don't think you'll be disappointed with Passive Guy.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is enabled. This blog is now maintained at
stacysjensen.com.