Monday, June 13, 2011

Will you Like me? - A conversation with my hubby

I almost hesitate to ask anyone to Like me after the conversation I had with my husband.

Me to hubby:  Will you Like my Facebook page?

Hubby:  "I don't know how to Like."

Me:  (Laughing) Seriously, that sounds terrible.

Hubby:  What you are asking doesn't make sense?

Me:  It's on Facebook. I'm "Stacy S. Jensen." I need  25 Likes before I can claim my name.

Hubby:  You already have your name.

Me:  But, not on Facebook. Not until I get 25 Likes.

I'm still laughing about the conversation. And, waiting to see if Hubby will Like me in the cyberworld. He's very supportive of my efforts to write and socialize with other writers on the Internet. So, I think I can direct him to the correct Like button.

If you don't mind, I would appreciate a Like from you too. I captured my name late Sunday with the help of a few family members and writer friends at Writer Unboxed's Facebook group.

Now I'm https://www.facebook.com/StacySJensen.

I'm not alone in this Like quest. While writers write, we also work on our Social Media skills.

I appreciate your help. Now, I'm waiting on Hubby to Like me.

I may ask him, "Who's on first?"

8 comments:

  1. So funny! It's great your husband is so supportive of your writing. Mine does pretty well too, but he doesn't get the whole social media thing.

    I tried to click on your link, and it says page not found...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a hard time getting my husband to "Like" me, too. He's supportive, but he just doesn't seem to like Facebook. I'll get there, though. I liked you on Facebook, and I'm a new follower here. I love your writing style and can't wait to read more from you. The Writers Unbox group looks great, too. Thanks for telling us about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up Stacy. I believe I fixed it.Karen thanks for stopping by. You can find the Writer Unboxed group on the website www.writerunboxed.com. It's a wonderful blog. To seek admission to the Facebook group, go to the Social Media section. I'm writing about the group for my Thankful Thursday post this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Stacy. I've joined the FB group!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HEE-- love those kind of convos (sound too familiar)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christina - With all the social media, I'm sure we'll have more conversations like this at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Liked you, Stacy. :) And I like you, too.

    Wow. Facebook causes some confusing conversations. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is enabled. This blog is now maintained at
stacysjensen.com.