Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thankful Thursday: @MichaelHyatt

My Thankful Thursday posts have morphed into my favorite websites, writers and experts on the web. Here's another one:  www.michayatt.com.

I enjoy following Michael Hyatt in the cyber world. I found him after I read a post about a large Christian Book Expo that didn't do so well. I admired his post and have followed him ever since. 

Hyatt is the chairman of Thomas Nelson Publishers, the largest Christian publishing company in the world and the seventh largest trade book publishing company in the U.S, according to his website. 

He focuses on leadership, productivity, publishing and social media issues. His About page states his goal: 
My goal is to create insightful, relevant content that you can put to work in your personal and professional life. If you are in a position of leadership—or aspire to be—then this blog is for you.
He also lists several top posts on his site that are worth checking out, especially those new to social media like Twitter.

His posts are compelling. I randomly comment on them. Hyatt has a large following. The conversation is full without my input. He is always welcoming to those, who post.

I listen to his words and advice. I pass along his posts to friends, who maybe are having a leadership challenge at their workplace or a writer, who needs a dose of inspiration or advice.

I find Hyatt's posts helpful as a writer and a person.

He offers a free ebook on Creating A Personal Life Plan when you subscribe to his email list or you can follow him on Twitter. He's @MichalHyatt.

5 comments:

  1. I've been following him for some time now and he seems to always come up with great, helpful posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Lynda. He always seems so helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy - Thanks for the tip. I will check out his website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love his blog--always something helpful and practical.

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maeve, I think you'll find his posts useful. Like Debbie said "always something helpful and practical."

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is enabled. This blog is now maintained at
stacysjensen.com.