Monday, August 8, 2011

A fun look at one writer's life: Parnell Hall


I discovered this video "Signing in the Waldenbooks by Parnell Hall" through a link shared in an online writer's group.

Mystery Author Parnell Hall stars in this catchy video that offers a few fun and sad insights about being a published author. I don't want to give anything away, but the person he sits next to at a conference is hysterical.

If you have a moment, watch this.



 Or this "King of Kindle" video.

My thanks to Parnell Hall for sharing the life of a published author and selling his books in way that certainly makes him stand out.

Would you do something like this to sell your books?




5 comments:

  1. He really came up with something unique to make himself stand out. Those videos have been embedded everywhere. Kind of makes you rethink whether to do a book trailer!

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. These definitely hit home that a video done right gets the message across. Of course, I saw a book trailer a romance writer (I think) did with her children's toys. It was both funny and enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen these before. I have a book trailer, but it's nothing like this. Live and let live? hehe These days a writer has to do something, anything! to be noticed. I heard of a writer taking it all off. Now that's sticking out of the crowd. Thanks for the visit and comment over at my place. And for the prayers for my Christopher. Have a lovely week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those were fun; I haven't seen them before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robyn, I don't think I could do the "taking it all off." I'll leave that up to others. :) Hope all goes well for you and Christopher.
    Kimberly - glad to share something new. I thought these were fun.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is enabled. This blog is now maintained at
stacysjensen.com.