Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Rebels

I'm grateful this week that the Libyan rebels made it to Tripoli. 

A few months may not seem like a long time, but it was as rebels worked to take one city after another. Imagine what it must be like for regular citizens, who are trying to live and stay out of harm's way as government troops fought the rebels. War raged around them.

I pray the nation can organize itself after all this turmoil. 

The other day, I heard an NPR report about a father and son from the United States, who traveled to Libya to help. Mabruk Eshnuk and his son Malik left their home in Pittsburgh to return to Libya. 

Sadly, after a few weeks of training they died during a battle. I missed the initial report of their efforts to help the rebels. The news of their death struck me. I've found myself thinking about them as I see TV reports of the success in Tripoli. 

I'm thankful there are people willing to rise up to a tremendous challenge — no matter what the personal consequences.


8 comments:

  1. I'm thankful there are people willing to rise up to a tremendous challenge — no matter what the personal consequences.

    So am I

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie for stopping by. I see your in the campaign too. I joined the PB and nonfiction groups. Still making my way around those two lists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now if only someone would step up to lead.

    I think we're FB friends! I'm not on there very often, but maybe that will change with the Campaign.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are, thankfully, always people who will fight for what is right but wouldn't it be so much better if we didn't have to fight. If everyone was on the side of right... but it'll never happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As long as their are people who believe that they are the only ones who should be in charge; there will be people who will stand for up against them no matter the cost.
    Unfortunately that seems to be the human weakness...power.

    Hi fellow campaigner here. Nice to meet you.

    Pamela Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, am thankful for people who fight for what is right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post. Fellow campaigner following back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Pamela Jo, Maeve and Beth for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is enabled. This blog is now maintained at
stacysjensen.com.