Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 years later: 9/11

Ten years ago, I watched smoke billow out of the first World Trade Center tower. I watched a second plane strike the second tower.

The smoke. The confusion. The unknown.

Then, the Pentagon.

Later, Flight 93 in a Pennsylvania field.

I was in a hospital room with my late husband. A few days before the terrorist attacks, we discovered the quarter-sized aneurysm in his head. Our options were limited.

Our personal confusion morphed into a larger issue —the nation's grief.

I could link to a million sites to share details of that day:
  • The brave men and women who died.
  • The heart wrenching calls to loved ones.
  • The chilling recordings from the hijacked airplanes that capture pleas from passengers and lies from the terrorists.
I'm not linking anywhere. I'm here in my thoughts.

I'm thinking about how that day changed the U.S., the world and my life. I'm praying we remain vigilant to the dangers around us.

How did 9/11 change you or your community?

4 comments:

  1. I, too, am reflecting on how the personal and the national/global intersect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this. I am praying we remain vigilant in the dangers around us to. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tagged you for tag you're it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Julie, Abby & Beth. We traveled all day on Sept. 11. We're in the Black Hills with limited service. Lots of rest & reflection.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is enabled. This blog is now maintained at
stacysjensen.com.