Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thankful Thursday: @kathytemean

Want to learn more about writing for children? Go to the Writing and Illustrating blog by Kathy Temean. She provides information about the business of writing, craft and publication sources.

Every week, I find several must read posts.
  • Road to Publication — Baby Steps. Here she has examples for both writers and illustrators. I appreciate her point about goals. 
  • No Response Editors and Agents. She shows an agent or editor how to set up an easy email rejection. Agent Jill Corcoran responds in the comments.
  • Acquisitions and After. In general, this outlines what can happen at a publishing house when an editor wants your book. 
  • Illustrator Saturday — Is a standing feature I find both informative and fun. The series helps me understand the illustrator part of the process. Last week featured Ariane Elsammak
After reading the About page, I'm not sure how Temean has time for all of this blogging. She is a regional advisor in New Jersey for the SCBWI (Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators). She has a web design and marketing company. At her website www.kathytemean.com, she shares her work as an author and illustrator.

Temean can be found on Twitter @kathytemean

Whether you follow every blog post or search it for a specific topic, I think children's writers and illustrators will find it helpful. 

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip. Sounds terrific! Heading over to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy,
    Thanks for supplying other writers with good tips like these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there. I'm from the campaign. I thought I was already following your blog but didn't show. I've followed through Google Connect now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susanna, Beth and Ciara - I find this site very helpful. Hope you all find it useful too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great resource recommendation - thank you! I'm also stopping by to pass on the Liebster and Versatile Blogger awards for your lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stacy - This is a great tip! I am always checking her site. Lots of great information. Nice of you to share it with everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, great resources to check out. Thank you!

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for a good reference. I'll check it out. I am always looking for other sites on children's picture books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just an fyi. I've subscribed to your blog but since it's feedburner I may not get a notification. They keep sending me notifications to check their service which just means you need to open an account. At any rate, know I'm trying to stay in touch. , Clar

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks @Beth. I need to get busy with those awards this week.
    I know @Maeve. She offers lots of information.
    Thanks @Debbie and @Clar - hope you can find something useful on the site.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks! I will definitely check out those links. They sound like a great resource.

    There is an award for you on my blog. Stop by and pick it up.

    http://imagine-today1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stopping by the blog today to say that I've given you the Versatile Blogger award. I know this award has been around awhile and you may have received it already, but if not, come and claim it here: http://tinamoss.blogspot.com/2011/09/writer-wednesday-versatile-blogger.html

    Thanks for all you do in the blog-o-sphere! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is enabled. This blog is now maintained at
stacysjensen.com.