Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thankful Thursday: LolliPop's Cottage

If you want to write, I think you need to read books.

I'm always looking for a source to find interesting children's books. One source is Maeve Frazier over at LolliPop's Cottage.

Maeve is a children's writer, who shares her journey on her nicely named blog. Read her bio to learn how she came up with that title.

Maeve is like many of us — writing, blogging and reading.

She has questions like  Is it Ready for Submission? 

She shares quotes for inspiration.

On her homepage, look at the story Mom Said She Would Be There on the left-hand column. This personal story is about her mother and a lovely tribute.

And, my all time favorite — she shares books. Maeve writes a wonderful series called Books with Cookies and Milk. She reviews a book and shares a cookie recipe that goes nicely with the book (and milk, of course).

When she featured The Clearing by Anne Riley, she provided a Rocky Road Cookie-Bars recipe. I made them and loved them. My chocolate loving tummy enjoyed the fudge-like creation. The recipe makes so many I shared them with guests, a woman in the neighborhood and a SCWBI meet and greet.


I made these from Lollipop's Cottage Books with Cookies and Milk (15) series.
The series offers picture, middle grades and young adult books. As I wrote this, the series has 39 entries. Take a look in her blog archive for her recommendations and recipes.

Oh and Maeve didn't let Hurricane Irene knock her out either. She blogged when she had a chance post-disaster to say she was Still in the Dark!

If you are looking for a dose of inspiration, for a book or a cookie recipe, stop by Lollipop's Cottage. Don't forget the milk.



16 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation, it sounds like a charming blog. I'm off to check out Lollipop's Cottage ... Enjoyed browsing here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to a new blog--I am craving cookies now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had the pleasure of visiting Maeve's blog and I agree with everything you say, Stacy. It's well worth a visit and I love the name too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Maeve's blog! She always has such great stuff. What a fun post that you shared today. Now I think I will go make those cookies. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Joanne and Coleen - hope you find it useful.
    @Rosalind and @Abby - I know preaching to the choir about Maeve's helpfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great place! I'll keep it in mind to share with my PB writer friends.

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, the cookie recipes are fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stacy - I came by your blog to get my 'fix' of inspiration and found this post!!! I am touched and ever thankful! You even took a picture of the Rocky Road Cookie Bars!! - Many Hugs, Maeve

    A note to the visitors and comments on Stacy's blog. If you have a moment click on her 'About Me' at the top of her blog and see what 'True inspiration Stacy is!'

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Stacy,
    Thanks for subscribing to my blog...I'm subscribing to yours! I LOVE it...and loved this post...thanks for introducing me to yet another wonderful blogger.:) Hope we can connect in person...I'm in Colorado Springs also...will be at Family Christian Store on Saturday at noon for a program I do for parents and preschoolers: Show Me How Story-time with Miss Vivian. Would love to meet you if you had the time.
    My book also pairs picture books with food...and crafts. Extending the learning/enjoyment experience is always a thing of value with young children. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Vivian. I saw that on your blog. I wish I could, but I'm leaving for a church retreat for the weekend. If I have my wits about me on Friday, I'll try to post it on my MOPS group site. Other Mom's might be able to make it. Hope I can connect with you in person.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the recommendation, will check out all her links!

    -----


    Join me at the Rule of Three Writers' Blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by Damyanti. I just joined your site. Look forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cookies and books - what could be better? Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Lollipops Cottage. And I love lollipops too. Plus cookies and chocolate and coffee and books.

    The story about her mom is truly wonderful, Stacy. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Alana, I know. Hope you enjoy her site.
    @Robyn - I'm not a coffee drinker, but chocolate ... yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is enabled. This blog is now maintained at
stacysjensen.com.