Friday, October 7, 2011

Harvest: Fun Friday Foto Fextravaganza

Here's my entry into the Fun Friday Foto Fextravaganza:


I found this photo while searching for something to represent HARVEST. It's a photo of a community painting completed with the help of an artist-in-residence with ArtsRichmond in Rockingham, NC.

I helped paint a few of the rows of crops during my dinner break one evening. I have no artistic talent. Funny, how a little squiggle can add to a community project.

A former co-worker gave me a picture of the painting along with a few other landmarks, so I wouldn't forget the community. Who could forget Rockingham? It's filled with good people, history and agriculture.

Fun Friday Foto Fextravaganza is the creation of Susanna Leonard Hill and Catherine Johnson. Two wonderful writers and generous women.

9 comments:

  1. Love your photo, Stacy, and what a cool story! Thanks for joining in. If you want, pop over to my blog and/or Catherine's and post your link in the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy- Love the photo and the story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Susanna, Thanks for posting a link on your site. I had a tight errand schedule this morning and just logged in.
    Thanks @Coleen and @Maeve.
    I don't know that I could do a wordless Wednesday post, because I wanted to explain just a little. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super photo, Stacy and awesomely cool story.

    Made me smile. :-) Yay NC!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is fantastic, reminds me of a Van Gogh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful representation of harvest, Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Robyn - Yes. Yay NC.
    @Catherine - I don't believe anyone lost any body parts during the making of this painting.
    @Beth - Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great painting and experience! Thanks for sharing Stacy.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is enabled. This blog is now maintained at
stacysjensen.com.