Monday, October 31, 2011

Once upon a Halloweensie

I hope you all have a fun and frightful Halloween today.



Here's my entry in Susanna Leonard Hill's Halloweensie contest

Oh Judy!
By Stacy S. Jensen
A gaggle of boys and girls dressed like soldiers, dancers, animals and one lone devil walked down the street in search of Halloween treats.
Before they reached Judy's house, a ghost darted out of the bushes.
“Boo!”
A ballerina jumped throwing her candied apple into the air.
A bear cried as the gooey treat fell on his furry head.
The devil stumbled over a jack o'lantern into the bushes.
The group joined together to return the devil to his feet.
"Oh Judy,” they yelled.
"What?" she cried from her front porch, as a shadowy figure slipped into the bushes.

The rules:  Write a 100-word or less story for children using the words boo!, candied apple and jack o'lantern. 

If you have an entry, stop by Susanna's blog to either link your blog or she may request entries be shared in the comments section.

I'm furiously writing down picture book ideas as part of Picture Book idea Month, which kicked off on Sunday with a blog by Mindy Alyse Weiss. You can learn more about it at Tara Lazar's site at Writing for Kids (While Raising Them). You can sign up until Nov. 3.

21 comments:

  1. You always have the coolest stuff and info on your blog! Thanks for sharing, I hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to read a Halloween story about the childish fun I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Halloween Story! And I so will that be in your PiBoIdMo list????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, Happy Halloween Stacy. Good luck with your picture book idea project :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I love coming to your blog.
    How do you find out about this stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stacy - This is great! I hope you win! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love it! But I want to finish reading it. :-) You are sure to win, Stacy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Karen @Edie @Catherine @Maeve - Thanks
    @Don - I'm more of the Boo scary variety, so this is about as spooky as I get.
    @Louise-Thanks. Not on my list yet. Maybe I'll come up with more characters as the day passes.
    @Coleen - The picture book challenge is actually keeping me focused on a nonfiction project too. Not at NaNoWriMo level, but still #amwriting.
    @Beth - I visit funny places. :)
    @Robyn - You are too kind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stacy, very clever and funny. You are good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's mine:

    http://clarbojahn.wordpress.com/2011/10/31/the-halloweensie-story/

    Enjoy! See you over at Susanna's blog site.
    Clarbojahn

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute story! Hope you generate lots of ideas this month!

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute. Good luck!
    Have fun in PiBoIdMo. I'm knee deep in revisions, so idea generating isn't for me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Covetcat @MISH and @Patricia - Thanks.
    @Clar I stopped and enjoyed yours.
    @Debbie - Thanks. I hope to come up with lots of ideas.
    @Brooke - Happy revising!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dang, I love writing Halloween stories--sorry I missed this! See you at PiBoIdMo. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! Thanks so much for your entry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Cathy - Yes. See you in PiBoIdMo
    @Susanna- Thanks for doing the contest. I need to catch up on all the entries.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very creative Stacy! Today I saw that it was a finalist on Susanna's blog! Congrats.

    Also, I have an award with your name at my blog. If not, I gave you a shout out anyway. Best of luck with the PiBoIdMo challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is enabled. This blog is now maintained at
stacysjensen.com.