|Enzo and me at the Our Stories Retreat.|
Our church Family and Faith Formation Director Mary Stoneback organized a fun weekend for everyone at the Rainbow Trail Lutheran Camp in Hillside, Colorado.
As a group:
- We studied Leviticus 23 and Ruth.
- We did team building exercises — think logs, webs and wooden platforms.
- We talked about writing our own stories.
- We ate.
- We sat around campfires and ate S'mores. (Well, I didn't participate in this, because Enzo always wants to dive into the fire).
- We performed. Skits are mandatory at camp, right?
As a group, we wrote a six-word memoir about our faith or any other topic. We sort of winged it as some people found six words too restrictive. Ah, we live and learn.
My six-word story: I'm still a work in progress.
For me, the retreat also showed another way God nudges me along. The story part of the retreat attracted me to learn more and get involved. After attending, I know Enzo and I can survive fireplaces, woods and rocks in the wilderness together. And, I know our church family will give me a helping hand with Enzo when I need one. So, we'll likely attend a future retreat no matter what the topic.
Have you ever written a six-word memoir? Why not try today and leave it in a comment?