Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thankful Thursday: @RachaelHarrie

I'm grateful for  Rachael Harrie of Rach Writes ....

If you participate in Rachael's Platform-Building Campaign, you know what I mean.


She's a YA horror writer — writing and blogging like many of us, but she takes it a step further.

The third platform building campaign is winding down. I participated more fully in the first month, but recent travels sidetracked me. I've met dozens of new writers through the campaign and found really awesome blogs to follow.

The campaign allows participants to sign up in their genres. Mix and mingle with those in their group, as well as other campaigners. You visit other blogs. Other bloggers visit you. You participate in really cool writing challenges and BAM — you've built up your network. I considered writing this following the third campaign challenge, but my gratitude to Rachael might get lost in the rules.

Here's a link on the Writers' Platform-Building Campaign.

Rachael has many other irons in the fire, too.

  • She helped raise money for the Save the Children's emergency relief fund following the March earthquake and tsunami in Japan through Write Hope.
  • Her current work in progress is From the Other Side.
  • She shares her writing posts on her blog. I like this one called Seven writing tips I can't live without.
  • Need help to organize all the new blogs she introduces you too? She offers tips on how to organized your Google Reader
You can also find her on Twitter @RachaelHarrie and Facebook


17 comments:

  1. Rach and the Platform Building are both awesome! I, too, participated more fully in the beginning in terms of doing the challenges - I did the first, but not the next 2. But I am donating a prize, so maybe that makes up for it a little, and I have found some new blogging friends and great new blogs to follow... including this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this campaign around...might try it next time around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Susanna - I offered to judge in this third challenge. And, I'm glad I found you through the campaign!
    @Karen - The campaign has been a fun way to network and definitely has boosted the platform stats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely tribute to Rachael's work. She has done so much for so many people. This was my first campaign, and I really enjoyed the challenges and meeting so many new people.

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rach is pretty amazing! What a great tribute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Write Campaign has been such a great way to connect with other writers in the blog-o-sphere. I'm so thankful to Rach. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, she does sound amazing and plenty of people think enough to have joined her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patricia, Janet, Catherine, Tina and Christina - Rachael Rocks for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm definitely checking out Rachael's blog, thanks for sharing it.

    Also, thanks for posting on my blog. Hi Stacy,

    Yes, it is pretty intimidating when you submit work for the world to see. I wish you the best of luck with getting your drafts done. Another great contest is the one Cheerios does usually in March. Check it out here:
    http://pages.simonandschuster.com/spoonfulsofstories/

    ReplyDelete
  10. *blushes* Thanks so much for your lovely post Stacy! I'm so glad you've had a great Campaign. It's sad to see the Campaign winding up now, but at least we can enjoy the Third Challenge before it ends :) And there'll always be next Feb :D

    Hugs,

    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stacy, thank you for the share. I am going to follow Rachael's blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an intriguing concept. I didn't understand what the Platform-Building Campaign was until this post, Stacy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Jennifer - Thanks for the encouragement. The Cheerios contest is a great opportunity. And, a lot more time to polish before entering it.
    @Jess - So true.
    @Rachael- Thanks again for all the work.
    @Anthony and @Beth - If you look at her link to the campaign, you can check out the other writers in your genre. It's a good way to find new blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved your tribute to Rach, Stacy, and thank you also for your contribution as a judge to this campaign. All of this takes much time and we appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Joanna. I just finished posting on all "my winners" from the list I was given. Lots of fun challenge entries. I'm grateful I met so many nice, talented writers through the campaign.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is enabled. This blog is now maintained at
stacysjensen.com.