Friday, November 11, 2011

Hibernation: Fun Friday Foto Fextravaganza

Here's my entry in the Fun Friday Foto Fextravaganza:

Something hiding in the grass in the Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania.
Today's word is HIBERNATION.
I don't know why the minute I read hibernation I thought  about this photo of something that appears to be hidden.
What is it?
A black Rhinoceros, according to my safari guide five years ago.
Fun Friday Foto Fextravaganza is the creation of Susanna Leonard Hill and Catherine Johnson. There will be links to more photos at their sites.
Perhaps the photos will give you a story idea or two. 
Two of my favorite picture books with a safari theme are Starry Safari by Linda Ashman and  We All Went on Safari:  A counting journey through Tanzania by Laurie Krebs.
Happy Veterans Day to all those who have served including my Hubby.




15 comments:

  1. Stacy, how poignant! I blogged yesterday that they have just declared the black rhino extinct :( I love these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sad about the black Rhino. Great pics Stacy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor black rhinos :( How nice that you've commemorated them here.

    Love your photos. Thanks as always for being such a good sport and participating in the fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Joanna, I need to read that. I didn't read a lot of blogs on Thursday.
    Thanks Catherine and Susanna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool pictures, Stacy. They are extinct now? I had not heard that. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to go on a safari someday! Thanks for sharing your photos!

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos Stacy! Hope you have nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool--didn't know they came in black either!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos, Stacy. I love love love the nature photos, especially of the animals that I can only see in a zoo, if even that.
    Hugs,
    Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I love them.

    I couldn't do it today, because of String Bridge. I hope to next time though. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lobe the pics! Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Karen, @Debbie, @Coleen @Christina @Angela @Robyn @Maeve - Thanks for stopping by and taking a look. Happy Writing this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh! what a special thing to be able to see and then photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely pics of the black rhino...
    I've seen many other animals up close and personal (lions,leopards,cheetah etc.) but not the rhino.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Kathryn, The more I share the pictures, the more I want to return to Kenya and Tanzania for another safari.
    @MISH - All these animals are very beautiful in person.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is enabled. This blog is now maintained at
stacysjensen.com.