The about page says Fiction Notes is an ongoing, innovative, in-depth guide to revision.
In her blog's header, it says: "Believe in your story."
She offers a variety of tips on writing picture books:
- Shakespeare Helps You Write a Better Picture Book
- Write the First Draft of a Picture Book
- Messages, Morals and Lessons in Picture Books
- How to Write a Rhyming Picture Book — Since I commit crimes of rhyme, her first sentence in this post spoke to me.
- Check Your Picture Book's Story Arc
For those participating in Picture Book Idea Month, you could easily study a post a day from Darcy to improve your picture books in a month.
Here other Resources include:
- Writing Scenes
- Book Trailers
- Write Stronger Novels
- Novel Diagnosis Series
- Psychology of Revision
Get a free children's book written by Darcy:
Darcy's story 11 Ways To Ruin a Photograph recently won Take Part's children's story contest in conjunction with the release of the movie The Help.
She mentioned her winning entry as a way to celebrate Picture Book Month and Veterans Day. With so many service men and women being deployed, her book is timely. Our military families sacrifice for us all. This link has access to a free download of the book. It is available through Amazon and Nook for a fee.
I live in a military town, so I've shared the link with friends as well as through the newspaper's military section.
I appreciate Darcy's writing advice and stories.