Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday: @taralazar

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm grateful to be sharing a wonderful meal with my family (Hubby and Enzo) and friends. I hope you have been able to take a break from all the November writing challenges for this one day.

Since Picture Book Idea Month is wrapping up, I thought it appropriate to highlight Tara Lazar — the mama (or creator) of the whole idea.

When I first began stalking (er following) blogs, I found Tara's Writing for Kids (While Raising Them). Her Who's Tara? page has some interesting facts like the library drop-off box location in relation to her house.

This line in her bio makes me smile:  Tara Lazar is a children's book author, mother, foodie and boogeyman assassin (currently booked at 3 am nightly).

This line in her bio inspires me:  Her first two picture books, The Monstore and I Thought This Was a Bear Book, will be published by Aladdin/Simon & Schuster in 2013 and 2014, respectively.

Some fun posts from her site:


The PiBoIdMo challenge has been a tremendous help to me. On the site, Tara says it's "the picture book writer's alternative to NaNoWriMo and encourages picture book writers to create one new picture book idea a day for 30 days."

I  have some new note-taking habits as well as a ton of ideas (well, I'll give you an official tally after I've turned the page on my calendar) from this challenge.

I really appreciate Tara's efforts to help writers capture their wild ideas.

She can also be followed on Twitter  @taralazar or liked on Facebook.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm really blown away by your post. Thank you so much! I was helped tremendously by others in the business on my path to publication, so I'm happy to be giving back, helping others to achieve their dreams and goals. Happy Thanksgiving, Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shout out Stacy, no one deserves it more this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tara - I'm blown away by all that you do for other writers. Thanks for giving back. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours too.
    @Catherine - True.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catherine - yes! So true! No one has worked harder on PiBoIdMo this month AND had two MS submitted at the same time! Wow!

    Stacy - great job highlighting many of the terrific features on Tara's website. A true wealth of resources in a one-stop shopping site!

    Tara - I bow to you! You are truly masterful at 'paying it forward' and spicing it all with fun, friendship, and kindness. I, too, am grateful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post Stacy, and I like your idea of logging Tara's lists. Might do that myself on my blog later next week. Speaking of which, thankyou for your kind commnents on my blog.
    So true Catherine, no one deserves this kind of shout out than our busybee...Tara.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your tribute to Tara and the beautiful overview of the month and what it has meant to you -- and all of us.What a great month! Hope the number of participants double next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great (and much deserved!) tribute to Tara and a wonderful sampling of the many wonderful things her blog has to offer. As you know, I'm a PiBoIdMo enthusiast (this is my 2nd year!) and am so grateful for the community she brings together in November and all the advice she shares!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! Tara certainly deserves our thanks. I can only imagine how much work it is for her to run this each year, and it brings so many of us together. We learn, laugh and share ideas. I'm already sad it's almost over.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is enabled. This blog is now maintained at
stacysjensen.com.