The 12 x 12 in 2012 Challenge is well under way. I know many of you are participating, but some may not be familiar with the picture book challenge.
Children's Book Author Julie F. Hedlund organized the event, so we write up our some of our 2011 Picture Book Idea Month Challenge ideas.
The challenge: write one picture book draft each month in 2012.
Official sign up ends Jan. 29. This makes sure you are eligible for prizes.
Julie has all the information on her Write Up My Life blog.
Here are some links:
- 12 x 12 in 20120: Frequently Asked Questions
- Katie Davis' Brain Burps About Books podcast featuring Julie and the 12 x 12 in 2012 Challenge
- Sign up here: http://writeupmylife.com/2011/11/30/12-x-12-in-2012-picture-book-writing-challenge/
- Tara Lazar Launches 12 x 12 in 2012
- Grab a participant badge designed by Linda Silvestri here.
- Join the Facebook Group
How am I doing in the challenge? Well, I've been "liking" all the other participants posts on Facebook saying "I'm done." I've been writing, but my draft is not complete.
Today is my self-imposed deadline for my picture book draft. As I wrote this late Wednesday, my manuscript is still in the draft-draft stage. I have the rest of the day to add, rearrange and delete the 250 words already on the page. I'll return to my Word document for another go or two at it. With a lot on our family plate this week, I'm not freaking out. I just plan to write. Plus, I have the support of hundreds of other writers, who are doing the challenge too. For this, I am thankful.
If you are participating in the 12 x 12 in 2012 challenge, how are you doing? If not, how are your writing goals this week?