This is why my blog's editorial calendar is fluid. I had another blog scheduled to mention today, but on Wednesday author Vivian Kirkfield gave me The Versatile Blogger Award.
Vivian's blog Positive Parental Participation is on my future calendar for a Thankful Thursday post. I guess you see where this is going — instead of sharing seven things about me, here are seven about Vivian and her blog.
- Vivian and I met through the Colorado group at Bloggy Moms. I followed her blog and Twitter accounts. When she ran a special on her book, Show Me How! Build Your Child's Self-Esteem Through Reading, Crafting and Cooking (Positive Parental Participation), I snagged a copy for my Kindle.
- Several weeks later, we met across the table at a local SCWBI meeting several weeks later. I'd like to say there was an immediate recognition of our Twitter avatars, but that didn't happen. It was a gradual "Hey you are ... " moment. We exchanged picture book manuscripts and feedback. She was very helpful.
- Vivian's about page explains her background as a parent and educator. I really like this part: I formulated a unique program that utilized children’s picture books as a valuable tool, not only for entertainment and enjoyment, but also for helping children deal with the many issues they encounter in their early years.
- Her Show Me How! book is an interesting collection of picture books paired with a craft or cooking experience. It has six chapters. Each is filled with 15 or more picture books. For each story, Vivian has written a summary, provided a Positive Parental Participation note, an arts and craft project and a cooking project. I haven't read the entire book, but have skipped around checking out picture book titles and crafts.
- Her posts make me think about parenting issues — Will The View and The Chew Be Replaced in 2012
- She shares tips like her Make-A-Meal Mondays: Child-Friendly Traveling Trail Mix post or this one on How to Create More Free Time and Save Money.
- Vivian is very positive. I enjoyed these memories in her post: Why I LOVED the start of school
I'm grateful Vivian thought about me for this award.
Enzo and I read a lot of picture books, but we haven't ventured into the crafting and cooking arena together. I have Vivian's book when we are ready to embark on this journey together.
I hope you have a wonderful day!