|A pair of zebras resting in the Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania.|
When I see a zebra, I think of the zebras I saw in Tanzania and Kenya — friends looking out for each other. I consider my bloggy friends — especially writers in this way. Many have helped me by sharing information or saying, "Hey you have a huge typo!" I appreciate finding myself among such a supportive network of writers.
This week was no different.
I was pleased with the feedback I received from my guest post at Julie Hedlund's Write Up My Life blog for the 12x12 in 2012 pre-published participants. I look forward to all the Tuesday posts in the series.
Plus, I received several awards this week. So instead of sharing one specific resource on this Thankful Thursday, I'll share something about the writers, who shared their awards with me.
- Kelly Korenek — Land of the Librarian Adventures in Reading and Writing — Each week, Kelly introduces me to a new picture book for the Perfect Picture Book Fridays series. I'm never disappointed with Kelly's selection. I loved this PPBF — Ruth and the Green Book.
- Beth Stillborn — By Word of Beth — Beth Stillborn on Writing, Reading , the Arts and Life — Beth is doing a three-part seres on copyright in blogging. If you missed these posts, it's worth reading. Here's one on Copyright and "Fair Use" in Blogging: Part Two, Others' Content.
- Diane — The Patient Dreamer — Writer and Dreamer at Work — Patient Dreamer —This is the type of post I love, but I believe it speaks to supportive network. Diane was the victim of a "smash and grab" recently. Her computer was taken from her car. She received a lot of ideas on how to reclaim her work and it was a sober reminder to many of us to backup or email a copy of our work in progress. She shared her experience here: I'm back in "Action" and wanted to Thank You All.
- Christy Farmer — Escpate to a Spellbound World — She's a Southern writer. I'm going back to December to share one of her posts. I loved this one: How to Survive A Dysfunctional Family Christmas!
- Catherine Johnson — She's a poet, picture book and middle grade writer. She often shares information about writing poetry. I enjoyed this one: Immersed in Verse and results of Giveaway! She also has a wonderful banner photo on her blog.
Thanks to you all for adding a little pizzaz to my week. Have a wonderful Thursday!
|An award from Kelly Korenek, Beth Stillborn, Catherine Johnson|
|An Award from Kelly Korenek, Diane The Patient Dreamer, Catherine Johnson|
|An award from Christy Farmer|