I've written about my love of Writer Unboxed in this Thankful Thursday post.
Today, I wanted to mention a new feature — a newsletter. WU promises fresh content from a variety of writers and industry sources like Donald Maass, Chuck Sambuchino, Victoria Mixon, Erika Liodice, Vaughn Roycroft, Jan O'Hara and others.
The newsletter begins in March. This post has all the details and the sign up box.
If you don't know about Writer Unboxed, you should check it out. It's one of the few daily blogs I follow. It offers a variety of monthly contributors on craft, research, the writing life and PR to name a few topics. Authors and website Founders & Mamas Kathleen Bolton and Therese Walsh created a real go-to for writers.
Some recent posts include:
- M.J. Rose on Making and Learning from My Mistakes with PR
- Lydia Sharp on Editing to Life — Characterization
- Sophie Masson on Make the Most of School Visits
- Yuki Zalkow on Non-Crappy Writing Groups I don't normally watch videos, but his are hilarious.
- Vaughn Roycroft on Community — What's In It for Me?
The Facebook group is a wonderful community of writers. Writers at all levels ask questions and share information. I learn a lot from the WU blog posts, the comments and the interaction among the Facebook group. Now, I'm looking forward to the newsletter.
I don't know how the WU folks keep up with everything they do for the writing community, but I am grateful they do. Their efforts are appreciated by many.