Friday, April 27, 2012

Perfect Picture Books: A to Z

Enzo likes the simple wors and the funny Boynton artwork.
With the A to Z Challenge almost over, I decided to feature A to Z by Sandra Boynton for Perfect Picture Book Fridays. I may have to utlize this style for the A to Z Challenge in 2013. I'm feeling a bit "challenged" this month.

A to Z
Written and Illustrated by Sandra Boynton 
Little Simon Books, 1995, newly revised edition

Suitable for: Ages one and up

Theme/Topic: Alphabet

Opening: 
Aardvard Admiring
Beavers Ballooning
Cats Cleaning

Brief Synopsis: A simple alphabet books featuring animals and a funny action. Like "Hippos Hiding."

Link to Resources: Back in February when I was all bold about participating in the A to Z. I offered the book Alphabet for Perfect Picture Book Fridays. It features a lot of animals too. Here's an alphabet printable. We discuss ways (sometimes it's a one-way discussion) the animals in Boynton's book are doing unusual things. Here are alphabet worksheets.

Why I chose this book: I have the alphabet on the brain this month with the A to Z Challenge.


To find more picture books and resources, please visit Susanna Leonard Hill's blog and look for the Perfect Picture Books page.

And, here's what I was doing while typing this post:
Discount Starburst Jelly Beans. Yummy.




14 comments:

  1. My favorite line: (sometimes it's a one-way discussion)

    Thanks for the morning giggle!

    Congrats on making to the end - just about. I could have have made it past "G" I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, It is indeed a one-way discussion sometimes. I love it when I catch him studying picture book illustrations on his own.

      Delete
  2. Such a perfect choice for A to Z month :) Thanks for another great alphabet book - I love anything Boynton :) - and the more alphabet books the merrier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read this and it is so cute! I love Sandra Boyton, too. I have several her books on my iPad (for me...since I have no little ones :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to end the A to Z challenge. Like your selection and I imagine Enzo enjoys it even more. Laughed a the photo, after I read your comment. When I first looked at it, I thought it was a poster on the wall with balloons -- thought you had created an activity/game. Then I realized it was your stash! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stacy! Looks like a cute A to Z book.

    Can I call dibs on the black jelly beans?

    ReplyDelete
  6. These books always remind me of my "babies'" baby and toddler days. I can't read a Sandra Boynton without getting a little misty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We LOVE Sandra Boynton books in our house! This is a great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple and funny, does seem like a perfect pick! Thanks, Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Stacy, for some reason, I have a fascination with quirky, strange, and non-traditional Alphabet Books. This sounds like one of them, very cute! Perfect for the treasured little ones indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Sandra Boynton! Reminds me of when my boys were little.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the alphabet book that says, "I'm unusual." So this is one I'd love to get my hands on. Sandra Boyton is awesome. *grabs a jelly bean*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice choice of jellybeans. :) And great choice for PPBF! I love when we have books that can be read with and handled by the really little ones! Congrats on completing your A-Z Challenge! Hope I will see you at the next SCBWI local meeting...not sure when it is, but I'm sure they will send an email.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sandra Boynton is very popular in our house. A to Z is so fun! Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is enabled. This blog is now maintained at
stacysjensen.com.