Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Monday Classroom by Kathryn Magendie

I've mentioned I'm returning to school, right?

Well, you don't have to enroll, translate your quarter hours into semesters, have 20-year-olds tell you are in the wrong place or try to navigate an overwhelming website to get a straight answer to return to the classroom. Just visit Kathryn Magendie's blog Writing from My Mountain Cove on Mondays for writing tips. Her series Monday Classroom is informative and fun.


Kathryn is an author (Tender Graces, Secret Graces, Family Graces, Sweetie and a novella Petey) and the publishing editor of the Rose & Thorn Journal. In my opinion she's a pretty big deal for her writing. Her Monday Classroom series has offered several "pause and consider this" moments during my revision process.

Some of her Monday Classroom posts include:


In addition to her Monday posts, Kathryn takes one for the rest of us with her "I am your personal trainer" series.

No matter what Kat is writing about — I love her Southern voice and the experience she shares on her blog.

Thanks to Lauri Meyers for passing along The Versatile Blogger award. She's an aspiring children's book writer and a 2012 NaPiBoWriWee participant. She explains the dirty girls in her bio. I'm guessing these gals show up in a manuscript or two. I mean they roll in mud puddles and pour chocolate milk on each other.

I'm glad it's almost Friday. How's your week going? I picked up my student ID this week. Instead of senior discounts, I can get a student discount on tattoos and body piercings. Nice.


20 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy, thanks for sharing a new blog with us. It sounds fun and congrats on the award.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catherine, I think you'll enjoy Kat's voice.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Ms. Jensen for sharing this blog/website with us! I'll checkit out!
    Erik
    P.S. Have fun in school ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erik, I hope to have fun in school and learn lots. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I so agree! Kat is fun, shares helpful tips, and her books are fabulous - must read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I checked out Kate's blog. Looks interesting but I couldn't spare the time to read through all of it. Congratulations on your student discount. Use it wisely. It won't be long before you'll need the pension. Then, you'll say, 'If only I hadn't had that body peircing. It looks stupid on an old woman'.

    http://francene-wordstitcher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Francene, I'm already sort-of an "old woman." I have a low pain tolerance, so I doubt I'll use that student discount. :)

      Delete
  5. I checked out Kate's blog and found it interesting. Wait, you really are going back to school? What are you studying? Wow, you are really going to be busy, especially with the recent election. Wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patricia, Yes. I'm taking graphic design and website design courses. It will be a bit busy, but I believe worth it.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the award! Kate's site sounds interesting--off to check it out--thanks Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coleen, I think you'll enjoy her posts.

      Delete
  7. Body piercing might be fun... I'll check out Kat's blog,I need all the help I can get!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lara, You'll do great. I'm needing tons of energy or M&Ms right now and I'm in the really initial stages. :)

      Delete
  8. Oh, I can't wait to see what tattoo you choose!! ;) ;) Make sure you take a pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelley, I doubt I'll ever get one. I may use the discount for a movie date night though. :)

      Delete
  9. I've visited Kathryn's blog. Now I'm inspired to go back. :) I always love your "thankful" posts, Stacy. And wow... adding school to your mix. Glad you've had a great week! All's well here, too. I finished my last revisions for my agent, and am stoked that publishers will be reading my manuscript soon. *fingers crossed* Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. August, I believe you'll enjoy the personal trainer series too. Yay on the your revisions. Fingers crossed for you.

      Delete
  10. *smiling at you, Stacy* - thank you -- you made my morning and now my Deep Creek Blend coffee tastes even better *sips sips sips* -yup, sure does! Lawd, I better get busy and write up the next MC - I'm still in my jammies with cotton-clouds round my pea-head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathryn. I enjoyed today's MC. I always appreciate them.

      Delete

Comment moderation is enabled. This blog is now maintained at
stacysjensen.com.