Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Two redirects, oh my!

A funny thing happened when I mentioned I would be silent for just a little while longer  here ...

My monthly post on the Pikes Peak Writers blog Writing from the Peak is scheduled to appear today.

Working on my Puzzle, er, Manuscript is up today. I wrote about revisions and those tricky puzzle pieces — or words as we call them in the writing business.
This was tricky to make. Of course, now I know how to make a picture into a puzzle.
Black was not my best color choice, but you'll understand if you read the blog.
Major accomplishments (so far) this week: 
  • I revised a pitch to submit to Susanna Leonard Hill's Would You Read It series. I've read and commented on pitches, but never submitted one. My motivation arrived in a FB group discussion. I said, "Oh I should REALLY do that." I wrote on my calendar to submit a pitch this week. My tentative date for Simon Wants to be a Helper is in December. Don't worry, I'll remind you all when my Wednesday arrives. 
  • A soft opening for my website! I've joked that building a website is like writing a story  — we could revise it forever. So, if you have a second, stop by www.stacysjensen.com. There are several ways to follow the site from RSS feed to email. I chose mailchimp for my primary blog delivery system. So, we'll see if I figured that out or not. 
So, I'm doing a big no no this week asking you to go two places — Writing from the Peak and stacysjensen.com . It feels funny not to type the blogspot at the end of my online address. While Blogger has treated me well, I'm excited to have a WordPress site with my own domain.

My next post here will be the famous "I've moved" and redirect you to the new website. I hope to see you at the new place. 

12 comments:

  1. You have so may exciting irons in the fire-- good luck with it all and the move to Wordpress too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for all you've accomplished! Can't wait to check out your pitch at Susanna's. headed over to the other two sites now. :) When should I unsubscribe from this one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unsubscribe now Teresa. :) The next post here will only be the redirect one. Nothing exciting. :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the new website. It is dynamic and clean. Will visit the PPW post soon. I like Wordpress and having my own domain too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the post and the website. I'm off to check out both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the post and the website. I'm off to check out both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your "soft opening" :) I love the red! And I'm so happy you've submitted to Would You Read It! Off to check out your guest post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susanna, I realized I should have served food. That's what restaurants do at soft openings?

      Delete
    2. Stacy, the redirects were worth checking out. I just signed up to follow your new website. Loved the look. I'd like to use mailchimp, but haven't gotten around to checking into it. Was it easy to learn? :-)

      Delete

Comment moderation is enabled. This blog is now maintained at
stacysjensen.com.